To my beloved readers. I apologize coz I havent updated our blog for quite sometime. I have been busy with alot of things here in the capital. I’ve been away but I’ve seen the nonstop rain of the newest things and developments in our beloved city (which havent been featured and discussed yet in this blog). No politics involved though.
Neo Davao’s back and will do my best to update it constantly. So let’s go through what’s new, up, and coming in Davao City.
1. New Commercial Strips and pocket malls – A number of commercial strips and pocket malls opened its doors. NCCC Panacan is now open catering to the residents of the northern part of the city. One of my most faves strips that recently opened is K7 in Lanang.
photo courtesy of abskess from SSC
It is an exciting mixed use development in Davao. The strip will also house a small hotel, a contact center facility and some facilities for conventions and meetings.
2. Magallanes Residence – Turn over of building one. Yes, you’ve read it right. The condominium building that was once announced and marketed in this blog (in fact you can still view its banner at the right hand side of this site), has just been completed and units are now being turned over to its investors and unit owners. This is the second project of DMC Urban Properties in Davao. So just you know, DMC Urban Properties is a subsidiary of Metro Manila’s DMCI. Magallanes Residence is a three condo building development in a condo community or complex located at the heart of downtown Davao.
Here’s a photo of Magallanes Residence Building A. Photo courtesy of Abskess
3. The Green Pinnacle Place – once dubbed as Central Park Hotel during its construction stage is the newly constructed hotel in one of the streets of today’s Davao Chinatown once called Sta Ana Avenue. It’s been designed following the principle of green architecture, Green Pinnacle Place is a 12 storey building that utilizes natural light and allows free flow of air and breeze in each of its floors.
The hotel houses 200 suites, 8 function areas, 2 restaurants, a fitness center with pool, and a spa.
Here’s a photo of the hotel during its construction stage two months ago. Photo courtesy of Wadaboy.
4. New Cinemas in GMall – If you have been visiting this blog for sometime now, I am pretty sure you have bumped into the G-Mall expansion plan that was posted months ago. Well, here’s an update, G-Mall had recently added two grand cinemas (one VIP cinema and the second cinema dubbed as Red Carpet cinema) making its current inventory to 8 all in all. Not really a major development in the city but it’s making our city’s movie lifestyle more entertaining and interesting. Oh, and did i mention that these two cinemas feature lazy boy and reclining seats?
5. Newly announced intentions to build – Well, Abreeza, an Ayala Mall in Davao is currently on its construction stage and just recently Ayala Land announced its intention to build its first condominium project in Davao City through its Alveo brand. Alveo is one of Ayala Land’s real estate portfolios that handle real estate projects for middle class / mid income earner pinoys here in Metro Manila. On the other hand, SM Prime Holdings had also announced its intention to include a residential project along with the soon to rise SM Lanang – a newly acquired property in the northern part of the city (former Lanang Golf and Country Club). Robinsons Land once signified its plan to expand its mid rise condos portfolio in Davao but no official announcement yet from their execs.
6. Philippines’ second wake board park in Davao? – recently received a nod from the local legislators. Few months ago, the developer faced an ordeal that halted the completion of this project due to its violation against the city’s zoning ordinance. Now, 95% complete and once completed, this will become Southern Philippine’s first and only wake board park. Hmmm something to be proud of? In a way, but what will make this project more interesting is if they will be able to attract more tourists once they have started their operations.
So, that’s it for now…..Thanks for regularly visiting this blog and stay tune for what’s up and coming!🙂