Anchored on the BIMP-EAGA Development Roadmap 2006-2010, the BIMP Investment Conference(BIMP-iCon) is one of the highlights of the forthcoming Senior Officials and Ministers’ Meeting this 24-26 October 2007.
The BIMP-EAGA Business Council (BEBC) spearheads the conduct of the BIMP iCon and is ably suppported by the focal organization in the Philippines, the Mindanao Business Council (MinBC), the Development Partners and the Governments of the member countries.
- Natural Resource Development
- Tourism Development
- Transportation, Infrastructure and Communication
- Local Growth Areas Competitiveness Enhancement and SME Development
- Public-Private-Partnership in Project Implementation
- Improve trade, investments and tourism in the region
- Address gaps which member countries cannot solve alone, and
- Forge strategic alliances, joint venture arrangements and other forms of cooperation
- Generation of investment proposals for business matching
- Generation of project ideas for technical assistance by Development Partners
- One-on-One Business Matching Session
- Investment Exhibits
Marco Polo Hotel-Davao. Located in Davao City, one of the fast-growing cities in Mindanao. The city is cited by Asiaweek Magazine as one of the 20 Most Livable Cities in Asia and by the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) as among the top 5 Most Competitive Metropolitan Cities in the Philippines. It offers an unlimited spectrum of business oportunities just waiting to be tapped.