– THE Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc. (DCCCII) is pushing for the passage of a investment zoning ordinance for Davao City (contrary to the spot zoning that the city has right now).
– DCCCII is also pushing for the passage of a resolution for the establishment of the Food Terminal for Southern Mindanao in Davao City.
– The chamber is also asking the City Council to draft a beautification program for the city that would actively involve the private sector.
– Another program that the chamber is pushing is for the “greening” of the city in order to help address the rise of pollution and the adverse effects of global warming.
– The said concerns will further be discussed by the chamber in its 7th Davao City Business Conference on July 20th 2007.
^^ This is good. The local business sector and the local government are working hand in hand to fully enhance the competitiveness of the city. KUDOS to everyone!